Word 2016 Won't Print Tables

Reaction score
The 2016 version of Word won't print any of my tables even though they show up in the print preview.

I tried saving it as a PDF but that doesn't work.

I tried converting my file to the newer version and that doesn't work.

These aren't gridlines- they are actual tables. I made the border thicker and that didn't work.

I'm prettty tech savvy but I don't know what else to try. I use tables all the time and I don't want to spend my time recreating all my files. Please help!

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Have you tried repairing the Office installation (via Windows Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features > Microsoft Office (version) > Change > Repair)?

It's also possible the document has acquired some of corruption. Corrupt documents can often be 'repaired' by inserting a new, empty, paragraph at the very end, copying everything except that new paragraph to a new document based on the same template (headers & footers may need to be copied separately), closing the old document and saving the new one over it.

Similarly, corrupt tables can often be 'repaired' by converting the tables to text and back again or by cutting & pasting them to a document that you then save in the document in RTF format, closing that document then re-opening it and copying & pasting them back to the original document.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I tried the first two options and they did not work. I don't think the file or table is corrupt because it prints on other computers and printers just fine. It just won't work on Word 2016. Is there something I need to do since it is a Word 2010 file to make it print correctly on 2016? I don't mind recreating this particular file in the new version but I use tables all the time and would hate to recreate every file I've ever used a table in.

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
The problem, then, might be with the printer driver. Try updating it with the latest version from the maker's website. If you already have that installed, try uninstalling & reinstalling it.

Ask a Question