Word 97 - Unwanted Formatting when doing Cut & Paste

M

Mail Man Bob

Hopefully one of the experts can recognize this problem and give me some things to do differently.

I'm using Word97. Let's say I create a document, select all and make all the text Times Roman 9 point. Now I open a different document, select a block of text, copy, then close that document and paste it into the original document.

Many times, when paste it, the new text -- and sometimes the nearby text -- change to some other font and size , other than either of the documents used.

Then I have to select the re-formatted text and again change it back to Time Roman 9 point.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Bob

C

Carol

Hopefully one of the experts can recognize this problem and give me some things to do differently.

I'm using Word97. Let's say I create a document, select all and make all the text Times Roman 9 point. Now I open a different document, select a block of text, copy, then close that document and paste it into the original document.

Many times, when paste it, the new text -- and sometimes the nearby text -- change to some other font and size , other than either of the documents used.

Then I have to select the re-formatted text and again change it back to Time Roman 9 point.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Bob
Try using Paste Special | Unformatted Text.

C

Carol

Holy smokes!!! Thanks, Carol! The stuff I don't know about Word would fill a book! :O)

Bob- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -

You're very welcome and you're learning! Keep up the good work!

Ask a Question