Word changing keyboard layouts on startup

D

dynamitri

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Hello,

I am generally using two keyboard layouts, Polish (Pro) and British, with the former being used most of the time and the latter - infrequently. Every single time I open Word, it changes the keyboard layout to British on the startup, and doesn't come back to Polish after quitting the application.
Oddly enough, it seems to dislike certain languages, as I have done a bit of experimentation.

- British
- Polish (Pro)

British remains British, with Polish (Pro) selected, it goes back to British on the startup.

- British
- German
- Polish (Pro)

With Polish (Pro) it goes back to German, with German - it remains, with British - it remains.

- Belgian
- Dutch
- French
- Polish Pro

French remains, Belgian remains, Dutch remains, Polish... goes back to Dutch.

et cetera, ad infinitum.

Now - does anyone know what might cause it and how to get rid of that problem? The default language of the documents in Word has been set up to Polish, but still the issue remains. Doesn't seem to be an issue with British vs. Polish only, as evidenced by the other changes from one language to another. I have to say I've got absolutely no idea what exactly might cause the problem, though, and not a clue as to how it might be solved

Many thanks for the assistance, all replies would be more than welcome and greatly appreciated.

Ask a Question