word count on bottom of the page

K

Karna_Swanson

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

When I first began to use word, I noticed this great feature where you could see the word count on the bottom of the page, and it you highlighted material, it told you how many words you highlighted, and if told you at what position your cursor was. This was EXTREMELY handy!

Then one day it disappeared and I can't get it back.

HELP!!!!

D

Daiya Mitchell

Word | Preferences | View--make sure "status bar" and "live word count"
are both checked.

Word 2008 might not tell you the cursor position anymore--it will offer
Page number, but Line Number has been removed from the status bar.

K

Karna_Swanson

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I can't believe how important this little function has become for me!

THANKS!!!

U

umberto

Hi!
Always about word count on bottom of the page..., I am writing a Dictionary and actually I already wrote more than 4500 pages..., but when I open my work on Word only very few pages are counted down there!!!! I know that my work is THERE somewhere but I really fear to lose everything!!!

Any help?

Umberto

W

Will J

I know this is several years old but please HELP!

My status bar disappeared as well. I can go into Word>Preferences>View and click the status bar button. However, when I click OK, nothing happens. No status bar. When I go back into Preferences>View again, the status bar box is unchecked again.

This doesn't happen with anything else -- In that same View screen I can turn the horizontal and vertical scroll bars on and off.

I'll be so grateful if you can help. I used the wordcount constantly, and it simply disappeared. I don't doing anything to it!

Thanks!

D

davidl.edmondson

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

When I first began to use word, I noticed this great feature where you could see the word count on the bottom of the page, and it you highlighted material, it told you how many words you highlighted, and if told you at whatposition your cursor was. This was EXTREMELY handy!

Then one day it disappeared and I can't get it back.

HELP!!!!

Dalya THANK YOU SO MUCH TY TY TY TY

Ask a Question