Word crash when activating drawing toolbar

H

holmesfive

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Power PC

On any word document, new or existing, I have a complete word crash when I try to activate the drawing toolbar from the view menu. I have the newest update (12.0.1). I have tried waiting out the spinning beach ball for about 15 minutes, but no luck. I have restarted Mac and have had only Word running for multiple attempts.

This crash requires a force quit. The Mac Force Quit menu shows Word "not responding."

Other typical functions are OK, though I have not systematically tried every command. Any ideas?

H

holmesfive

Thank you -- the reference to removing specific, potentially damaged preferences did the trick!

Thanks for responding to the post.

N

nonsequito

I'm using Word 2004. I tried removing those files, and deleting the normal template, but still get the spinning beach ball. Is there a next step?

Thanks,

H

holmesfive

I'm using Word 2004. I tried removing those files, and deleting the normal template, but still get the spinning beach ball. Is there a next step?

My only additional step was re-launching Word. All toolbars are working perfectly now.

Ask a Question