WordBasic to VBA conversion

Reaction score
Hello,

I have few macros written in Word 97 long ago, I opened them in Word 2007 and it worked well, but when I opened them in Office 2013 and Office 365, I have got many alignment issues, font style issues.
The code is auto converted to have syntaxes like WordBasic.InsertPara etc but not able to generate the same output as Word 2007 is generating.
Do we have any free tool available to convert such syntaxes from WordBasic to Selection...... (VBA)
Can anyone help on this
Aditya

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
AFAIK there is no conversion tool for converting WordBasic to VBA, besides which, using Selection is generally a bad idea.

Reaction score
AFAIK there is no conversion tool for converting WordBasic to VBA, besides which, using Selection is generally a bad idea.

Thanks, so do you have any suggestions or any idea to make them work as they were, in Office 2007

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
WordBasic is still supported in Word 2007 - even in Word 2016. What you need to come to grips with is that the docx/m format lays out documents differently. Microsoft changed the layout engine in Word 2013, as well, just to makes things more complex.This has nothing to do with WordBasic, as such. You might find your code works better if you keep working in the older .doc format.

Ask a Question