Workaround for PP unable to open its own files

F

FrankRP

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

I sent two earlier messages explaining the problem that if I create a presentation in PP 2008 and save it in the new format, pptx, they won't open again. I lost several presentations that way. They save fine if saved in the older format, just not in the new format. I did not get any responses to those earlier e-mails.

I discovered that Keynote will open the new version just fine and I can export to the older PP format. At least I recovered some presentations I spent hours on, not perfectly, but good enough.

B

Beegirl

Forgive me for the obvious, but my first thought for a workaround would be to save everything as ppt rather than pptx. That way others without 08 could more easily access the files too, should that become your desire.

Have you checked (I'm sure you have but I mention it anyway just in case) to see if your settings may have inadvertently been set to disallow opening pptx files?
And no, I have no idea how that works....

I hope you find out what's going on with this.
I'm just being a friendly bystander.

Ask a Question