Wrong charset language

U

Udis

We (at the company I work for) have an access DB that was created with the wrong Charest, data was inserted using asp with the wrong Charest.
This DB was in use for over year by one of our customers.
When trying to sort the text filed (in Hebrew language it won't sort it correctly)
Is there a way (simple I hope) to convert or change all the DB Charest content?

S

[SolarAngel]

well

make function for translating old character set to new one, and make method that goes through whole database replacing critical
fields. make backup of database naturally q=)

I was doing something similar with translating Latin into Cyrillic, but for my lang. that was easy, I am not familiar with Hebrew.

All you have to do is to make two tables (arrays) first with old and put all characters there (the one you use) and in second at
same index as in first one put corresponding characters, you got idea!?

For me this was 4 hours work but it was done q=)

[SolarAngel]

| We (at the company I work for) have an access DB that was created with the wrong Charest, data was inserted using asp with the
wrong Charest.
| This DB was in use for over year by one of our customers.
| When trying to sort the text filed (in Hebrew language it won't sort it correctly)
| Is there a way (simple I hope) to convert or change all the DB Charest content?
|

Ask a Question