WSS User Synchronization Error

P

Phil Wherrett

Hi All

I have the situation where new projects are published to Project Server and the corresponding WSS Site is automatically created. However, User and Administrator synchronization does not occur automatically. When trying to do this manually from Admin>Manage Windows Sharepoint Services>Manage Sharepoint sites>Synchronize, I get the following VBScript error

--------------------------
VBScript: Microsoft Office Project Web Access 200
Failed to synchronize users between Project Server and the selected Windows SharePoint Services site. XML document must have a top level element

I have checked all of the URL settings as well as checked/reset proxycfg settings without success

Has anybody else come across this and found a solution

Thanks
Phil.

P

Phil Wherrett

No Project Server 2003 experts out there that have experienced this one?

My client has resorted to manually adding users to the subwebs via WSS subweb administration as each new project is published, but this is not a sustainable workaround

Please let me know if there are any options other than a rebuild of the server?

Many Thanks
Phil

----- Phil Wherrett wrote: ----

Hi All

I have the situation where new projects are published to Project Server and the corresponding WSS Site is automatically created. However, User and Administrator synchronization does not occur automatically. When trying to do this manually from Admin>Manage Windows Sharepoint Services>Manage Sharepoint sites>Synchronize, I get the following VBScript error

VBScript: Microsoft Office Project Web Access 200
Failed to synchronize users between Project Server and the selected Windows SharePoint Services site. XML document must have a top level element

I have checked all of the URL settings as well as checked/reset proxycfg settings without success

Has anybody else come across this and found a solution

Thanks
Phil.

Ask a Question