Yahoo! Mail in Entourage

M

MKAYH

Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop I have used Earthlink/Mindspring as my internet server for the past 13 years with Entourage on several different Macs.

We recently changed to satellite so I've switched to Yahoo!

WILL YAHOO! WORK WITH ENTOURAGE, AND IF SO, HOW DO I REMOVE EARTHLINK FROM IT AND ADD YAHOO!?

M

Michel_Bintener_[MVP]

It depends. Yahoo is an international service, and there are regional differences. If you use a Yahoo.com account, you will not be able to access it in Entourage. If your Yahoo account is from another domain (e.g. .co.uk, .de, or .fr), you can access it as a POP account.

If you really want to access your email messages in Entourage, consider getting a Gmail account, or a Hotmail account, and have all your Yahoo messages re-routed to that account. Or simply consider using a different account that allows you to access the server via POP or IMAP.

D

Diane Ross

It depends. Yahoo is an international service, and there are regional
differences.

Yahoo Paid Accounts work in Entourage. Free accounts do not.
HOW DO I REMOVE EARTHLINK FROM IT AND ADD YAHOO!?

Under Tools in the Menu bar, select the Earthlink account and delete it.
Click the ³new² button to make a new account.

Gmail offers free accounts that do download into Entourage. You can get both
POP and IMAP accounts.

Ask a Question