Could not synchronize (entourage) calendar - Error 18500

I

ilovemac

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

Hello!

I am having problems with Entourage. I am able to successfully synchronize email (to my workplace Exchange Server via our remote https exchange server site). In the Calendar however, although I can read items already created, if I create new items in Entourage, there are synchronization problems with the exchange server.

The error message is "Could not synchronize record - Error 18500".

I have looked at Ken Kane's post on this forum, but that did not appear to give me a solution.

Please help! Thank you!

R

rcordell

I had this same error pop up yesterday. I've never seen it before, nor can I find any reference to error -18500 anywhere.

I emptied the cache of my calendar (right-click on the calendar, folder properties, empty cache) to get it to synchronize, and now the calendar entry that I had created (and several people had already replied to) is simply called "New Event" and it appears that nobody's been invited to it. Harrumph.

Oh, and emptying the cache has the added benefit of removing all of my carefully applied category colors. Gotta love it.

Entourage 12.1.5 (081119), Mac OS 10.5.6.

Ask a Question