Entourage Contact Syncing

M

Mermaidin

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap How do I prevent some of my contacts from syncing to my BlackBerry? I have some contacts I want to keep on my Mac in my Entourage that I don't want on my Blackberry. Is there a way to select a contact and exclude it from being transferred to my BlackBerry?

K

Kerry

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap How do I prevent some of my contacts from syncing to my BlackBerry? I have some contacts I want to keep on my Mac in my Entourage that I don't want on my Blackberry. Is there a way to select a contact and exclude it from being transferred to my BlackBerry?

Not that I'm aware of and I've sync'd everything and every kind of
handheld.

K

Kerry

Not that I'm aware of and I've sync'd everything and every kind of
handheld.

Sorry I just thought of a way. In Addressbook as that's really where
you contacts are coming create a folder of the contacts you don't want
to sync. Now, in your DESKTOP MANAGER choose sync selected folders
rather than all and don't tick the one with the contacts you don't
want to sync. They won't sync over. Only those contacts in folders
that are sync'd will sync. BTW, if you want folders or categories on
your handled you do this by moving your contacts to folders in
Addressbook. Entourage doesn't support categories. Things will sync
to and from Entourage Contacts normally though even if you set this up
in Addressbook.

M

Mermaidin

Thanks for responding and your guidance, Kerry.
I unfortunately cannot figure out how to do what you suggest; not that you didn't provide good direction, I am just new to Mac and Entourage, so I still don't know how to differentiate from the Apple address book from the Entourage one!

I played with the Entourage address book, cleaned it up first (eliminating duplicates and such), but couldn't figure out how to make a folder in my address book and shift the contacts to it, so I went into my Apple address book and figured out how to possibly do it there, but now my contacts in my Apple address book aren't updated like my Entourage ones.

Am I correct now in assuming you were talking about the Apple address book and if so, how do I update it to mirror my Entourage address book contacts?

Thank you!
Peace,
Mermaidin

M

Mermaidin

>
> Sorry I just thought of a way. In Addressbook as that's really where
> you contacts are coming create a folder of the contacts you don't want
> to sync. Now, in your DESKTOP MANAGER choose sync selected folders
> rather than all and don't tick the one with the contacts you don't
> want to sync. They won't sync over. Only those contacts in folders
> that are sync'd will sync. BTW, if you want folders or categories on
> your handled you do this by moving your contacts to folders in
> Addressbook. Entourage doesn't support categories. Things will sync
> to and from Entourage Contacts normally though even if you set this up
> in Addressbook.
>

Nevermind - I did figure it out based your information by using my Mac/Apple address book. It wasn't simple or fast, but I got it done! The problem is my BB. I had to delete each contact, because it would duplicate them regardless of checking the option of not allowing duplications...you gotta love technology.
Thanks Kerry!

K

Kerry

Nevermind - I did figure it out based your information by using my Mac/Apple address book. It wasn't simple or fast, but I got it done! The problem is my BB. I had to delete each contact, because it would duplicate them regardless of checking the option of not allowing duplications...you gotta love technology.
Thanks Kerry!

You're welcome. You're right you've got to love tech. Is this stuff
helping or...??????

Ask a Question