Entourage doesn't connect to Exchange server 2003

I

IT_Guy

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Email Client: Exchange

I have 2 users that have Office 2008 installed on their Macs. About 2 weeks ago our exchange server experienced a disk space problem and had to be cleaned up and restarted. All of the PC's reconnected to Exchange with no problems but the Macs won't connect citing invalid username and password combination. I have unbound and bound both to AD, verified that the username and passwords are correct, removed the original username and password combination from the keychain and recreated a new key chain entry, uninstalled and reinstalled Office from both machines and still Entourage won't connect giving me the same invalid password error. I have also tried entering the username and password in various different configurations which didn't work either.
The users are able to get their e-mail through a Citrix server but I would prefer them to be directly connected.
Any help?

T

Terry R.

The date and time was Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:53:37 AM, and on a
whim, (e-mail address removed) pounded out on the keyboard:
Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Email Client: Exchange

I have 2 users that have Office 2008 installed on their Macs. About 2 weeks ago our exchange server experienced a disk space problem and had to be cleaned up and restarted. All of the PC's reconnected to Exchange with no problems but the Macs won't connect citing invalid username and password combination. I have unbound and bound both to AD, verified that the username and passwords are correct, removed the original username and password combination from the keychain and recreated a new key chain entry, uninstalled and reinstalled Office from both machines and still Entourage won't connect giving me the same invalid password error. I have also tried entering the username and password in various different configurations which didn't work either.
The users are able to get their e-mail through a Citrix server but I would prefer them to be directly connected.
Any help?

Did you try using the following to connect instead of just the Exchange
server name:

https://mail.DOMAIN/exchange/<user email address>

Terry R.

B

Bill Bryson

Based on the description it would seem that the disk space problem on the
Exchange server was the culprit so is it possible that your Exchange server
was reconfigured as part of the "fix" for the disk space problem. It sounds
like the Exchange side does not recognize the authentication method.

Ask a Question