Error -18497

A

Asimov

When I press Send/Receive appears the error that says...
Error
HTTP error. The server is temporarily unable to fulfill the request.
Explanation
Could not retrieve mail.

Account name: "Hotmail"

R

Ron Newton

I'm getting the same error trying to get to my MSN mail.
My account works fine to send mail, but when I try to retrieve mail I get the error.
I tried deleting the old account in Entourage and building a new on and it didn't solve the problem.
I have a secondary account, set up the same way, and it is not experiencing the problem.
I'd appreciate any thoughts how to fix this.

R

Ron Newton

After getting kicked around from the ISP to MSN to Apple, I finally worked with a tech at Qwest and we reset the settings for MSN Mail to be a POP service (instead of a Hotmail account) and it solved the problem.
Don't know for sure what caused it - the tech did mention something offhand that MSN was converting accounts back to POP from http or something like that).
So, I think you can at least get the mail to work again if you rebuild the account in Entourage as a POP account. You'll probably need to ask the ISP for the server names. And the Advanced Options need to be set to require a SSL connection.

Hope that helps.

Ask a Question