Excel "Not Enough Available Memory or disk space

T

tjbud

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

Hi, has anyone seen this message when trying to open an Excel File? "Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk space." This happens on any excel documents of any size and only a logout seems to clear this up. The users have plenty of RAM (4gigs) so that's not the issue and there's plenty of disk space as well.

Any help appreciated!

T

tjbud

Hi Diane,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll look into the font route as you suggested although, I'm the one who created the standard build and pruned the fonts according to Apple and Microsoft suggestions.
This started happening recently. We're been running Excel up until about a month ago when Word and Excel started having issues with the Word Normal template and locking issues in Excel. I can't trace it to one particular thing other than the users working more with Office documents from our PC peers and possible large Excel files (40megs) and shared workbooks.
Kind of looking for a needle in a haystack and trying to put the pieces together. Thanks for the advice though! I'll try out some of your suggestions the next time it happens and will report back.

D

Diane Ross

Test in a new User to eliminate your User's folder (obviously includes the
Identity). If it fails in a new User with a blank Identity then you need to
look at the base setup.

T

tjbud

Thanks. I actually created a brand new account on the computer for her today. So far no problems yet, but then again, these Excel issues seem to go away after a restart or logout. I'm going to monitor for the next few days and see what happens.

Ask a Question