Security warning when linking to other files

R

RobMcTavish

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi there, I see that this was asked before but not answered. I have a dissertation defence this week and need a solution! I have links to other ppt files as well as to web sites, every time I click on of these links during a presentation I get a warning message that cannot be cancelled - so it means that every time I make a link I have to hit Open. This should be able to be turned off, I don't see it anywhere in the Preferences. I see that there is a way to do it on a PC (http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00406.htm) is there a a solution for the Mac??
The exact message says:
Do you want to open a potentially unsafe file?
Some files contain viruses or can be harmful to your computer.
You should be certain that this file is from a trustworthy source. Cancel or Open...
Thank you in advance, Rob

A

Artmarks

I am seeing this exact same message and cannot get rid of it either, and it was not present before I updated PowerPoint to 12.2.3 from a previous version. I even tried changing file ownerships to no avail.

R

RobMcTavish

I finally downgraded to an old version of PPT, what a stupid feature, like I want to go through a presentation with that message coming up with each external link!! Really needs to be fixed by Microsoft.....

A

Artmarks

Bob,
What version did you downgrade to in order to have this message go away?
John

Ask a Question