Web Services Edition installed - Exchange "Not connected"

M

mrk_webber

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

Dear Members of this forum,

Please help me understand this. I downloaded and installed "Web Services", check with my server company (intermedia) in advance, that my server was up to date. The server runs the following software: "Server 2007, SP 1 and rollup update 8 installed on it."

The install went perfectly, no errors. Start-up, ask me to import my identity: YES! - after an hour of copying, done.

All great, except that my exchange account currently says: "Not connected" - The server is online, no issues, works fine with my Blackberry and iphone, so why not my brand new "super exchange support" Entourage 2008?

I also removed the account and re-typed in all the account info; no gain, still "Not connected".

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this? The internet is connected, my other pop and imap accounts work just fine.

Thank you for your help and support.

Mark Webber

M

mrk_webber

Forgot to add: I didn't not have the Beta version installed. I had a full working Office 2008, with the latest update (checked for updated before installing the Web Services edition).

M

mrk_webber

I just noticed, whilst checking my details again, that I cannot enter the 'Public folder' setting - This seems to be non-existent in the Web Services Edition, could this cause the problem?

M

mrk_webber

Problem solved! - Intermedia just forwarded me a new server address for what they call; "Entourage 13".

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Problem solved! - Intermedia just forwarded me a new server address for
what they call; "Entourage 13".

Indeed, you often have to use the OWA server directly instead of a
backend server.
Thanks for reporting it back here. Hopefully it'll help someone else in
the same situation,

Corentin

Ask a Question