A kind of answer for the birthday filed thing

A

Andrew Gillies

Michael, I had a similar problem after changing from Outlook 2003 to 2007, only it happened to all the birthdays, with the subsequent outcome that I ended up with my PDA going off at a quarter to midnight for every birthday and some other all day events!!

I don't know how you change the default but if you have a lot of these a relatively painless way to change them is as follows:
In Calander go to View > Current View > Define Views click New...
Name the new view Remind Beforehand
Choose Table
Choose your preference for "can be used on" "all calandar folders" may be best
Then click on OK
Choose your newly created view "Remind Beforehand"
Then click on Modify
Choose fields
Select All Day Event from Available Fields click Add and move it to the top using the move up button.
Then in the "Select from available fields" drop down box choose All Appointment fileds
Select Remind Beforehand from the Available fields click Add and move it to the top using the move up button.
Then click OK
Click on Group By
In Select Available Fields From: drop down box select All Appointment Fields
Then in the group items by drop down list select Remind Beforehand
Click OK
Click OK
Click Apply View
In the calander view click on the All Day Event field collumn header. (This will bring all the All Day Events to the top
Then select all the all day events that you don't want to be reminded of at a quarter to midnight by selecting ranges with the shift key and the mouse or individual items with the control key and mouse. Then drag the items to the desired group - eg 720 (12 hours) If there is no group with the right time then select one of the individual items and click on the field with 15 in it and change the number to 720 hit enter and that item will move to the new 720 group. Then select all the other items you want to move there and drag them to that group. Hope that helps.

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Ask a Question