Need some PWA help

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping someone out there can help with this. I have a client that I'm running a project for. We're using a PWA enterprise project (waterfall). The client really wants the My Assignments view in the Tasks page to have a modified version of the OOTB "Planning Window" grouping with open, assigned tasks for each user accessing that page (and the the My Assignments view pane on the page) to be grouped into 3 groups:
  1. Last week's incomplete tasks
  2. Current week's open tasks
  3. Next week's scheduled tasks
Obviously those groupings need to be dynamic to provide that view on a "rolling" basis the same as the OOTB planning window grouping.

*They're OK if there is a 4th group of "after next week's tasks" type thing to have all the other tasks that don't fall into one of those first 3 groups.
1681520573006.png

To put it bluntly, I have NO idea how to accomplish this. I had thought maybe creating a couple of custom fields with formulas for "start week number" and "finish week number" to provide a functional data element to to try use for grouping, but 2 problems:
  1. If I make the field on the "task" entity my formulas error (#error) but the the fields at least show up in the available fields pick list for that My assignments view, but I can't figure how to create the view to be that dynamic/rolling kind of presentation (this is problem 1 and 1a I suppose)
  2. If I make the fields on the "project" entity my formulas work but the the fields then do NOT show up in the available fields pick list for that My assignments view
These are the formulas (assuming this is even a correct part of solutioning this):

Start week no:
IIf(DatePart("y", [Start], 1, 1) > 362 And DatePart("ww", [Start], 1, 2) = 1, Year([Start]) + 1 & " week " & DatePart("ww", [Start], 1, 2), IIf(DatePart("y", [Start], 1, 1) < 4 And DatePart("ww", [Start], 1, 2) > 51, Year([Start]) - 1 & " week " & DatePart("ww", [Start], 1, 2), Year([Start]) & " week " & DatePart("ww", [Start], 1, 2)))

Finish week no:
IIf(DatePart("y", [Finish], 1, 1) > 362 And DatePart("ww", [Finish], 1, 2) = 1, Year([Finish]) + 1 & " week " & DatePart("ww", [Finish], 1, 2), IIf(DatePart("y", [Finish], 1, 1) < 4 And DatePart("ww", [Finish], 1, 2) > 51, Year([Finish]) - 1 & " week " & DatePart("ww", [Finish], 1, 2), Year([Finish]) & " week " & DatePart("ww", [Finish], 1, 2)))

Ideally, it would be GREAT if the same combination of view, filtering, grouping (or whatever) could also be used in Project Pro reports. But, if there is a way to get the view to work but not reports, that's an OK comprimise.

Simply put, HELP!!!

NOTE: I'm unfortunately NOT a developer so opening up VS Code to do this isn't a viable option.

Thank you!

Ask a Question