Aggregating Data from InfoPath

J

Jay

Hey guys,

So I have a couple of questions that have to do with Infopath and collecting data from forms that I create. Here is a little overview of what I am trying to accomplish.
Basically I want to create forms through infopath and make them available on my sharepoint site. I understand how this works and since I primarily work with sharepoint this is not a problem.
Secondly I would like to mine the data from these forms to create some type of report from the data that is being entered into these forms.
This is the part that I am not sure how to accomplish, I know that Infopath forms can be connected to a DB (Access or SQL) but how would I get this information to be stored in the DB and have it in a sharepoint form library?

Would I just setup a DB connection to SQL once I define all my tables? There are going to be different companies filling out these forms and I want to group the data that I collect from these forms by a unique company identifier?
In the end all I am trying to do is retrieve the data that is being entered into these Infopath forms and create reports on the data
and at the same time make these forms available in a sharepoint form library.....

My apologies if the explanation of my problem is a little unclear.

Thanks in advance for any help that I may receive.

J

G

Ger

Hi Jay,

If I am right, there is a functionality in SharePoint to "join"
InfoPath-forms. See the navbar on the left when choosing a doclib. Over there
you can choose different InfoPath-forms and aggregate them to a new
InfoPath-form.
Hope this helps..

regards, Ger.

Ask a Question