All calendar and task items disappeared

M

mrmacman

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: imap

I switched to Entourage last week after years with Mail.app and iCal have been starting to enjoy the change. Except that this morning I discovered all of my calendar items and task items have been wiped out. I still have all my mail and address book. But even the Entourage calendar on MobileMe and my iPhone been cleared - so I can't just pull from the sync.

Help!

What would cause this to happen, and how can I recover? Do I use Time Machine to restore my profile database from last night? How often does this happen to Entourage users? This is a frightening prospect less than a week in.

I'm running Entourage 12.1.9 and Mac OS X 10.5.7.

M

mrmacman

ARGH! I restored from last night's Time Machine backup, and everything came back, but now it's gone AGAIN!

Seriously - what the heck is going on with Entourage????

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Seriously - what the heck is going on with Entourage????

That sounds like a SyncService issue...
Do they disappear if you restore again but turn SyncServices off?

Corentin

M

mrmacman

That sounds like a SyncService issue...
Do they disappear if you restore again but turn SyncServices off?

I was just having the same thought. I looked in my Activity Monitor and saw "Microsoft Sync Services" with "(not responding)". Now I've turn off syncing for calendar items I'm not seeing it in the list of processes. But eventually I need to turn that back on...

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

I was just having the same thought. I looked in my Activity Monitor and
saw "Microsoft Sync Services" with "(not responding)". Now I've turn off
syncing for calendar items I'm not seeing it in the list of processes.
But eventually I need to turn that back on...

Sure, but turning it off, and then back on might be enought to properly
reset what's "new" and what's not.

Corentin

M

mrmacman

Before I do that - I don't suppose there's a way to backup the tasks and calendar items other than to backup my 5gb data file? Something like the "Backup" or "Export" functions available in iCal?

Ask a Question