APA citations not including all information in bibliography

C

carlz04

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've just handed in my first assignment since switching to mac and realized that even though I put all required fields into the citations manager for each source, it has not included much of the information in my bibliography, for example page numbers, doi numbers of articles (which is a new requirement in APA 6th edition) etc. Is there anyway to include this extra information? I know in Windows Microsoft Word you were able to tweak it by ticking the boxes you wished to include in your final reference list.

Also does anyone know if the 2008 version is 5th edition and whether there is an update available to make it equivalent to 6th edition?

Any help would be appreciated as I only lost marks on my assignment for APA referencing issues which normally are perfect when I use microsoft word 07!!! Frustrating!

Thanks in advance

carlz

Y

Yves Dhondt

Both the versions in Word 2007 (for Windows) and Word 2008 (for Mac) are for the 5th edition and there is no update.

However, the styles are "open source" and if you have a decent knowledge of xslt, you could create a style by yourself. The last post at http://groups.google.com/group/micr...hread/8a28a5a9a2a607d7/5b594105d46d9ba7?hl=en contains a full explaination on how to add a DOI field to the APA style. The explaination is intended for the Windows version of Word but the file names referred to in the post are the same for the Mac version. Their location might be slightly different though.

Yves
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've just handed in my first assignment since switching to mac and realized that even though I put all required fields into the citations manager for each source, it has not included much of the information in my bibliography, for example page numbers, doi numbers of articles (which is a new requirement in APA 6th edition) etc. Is there anyway to include this extra information? I know in Windows Microsoft Word you were able to tweak it by ticking the boxes you wished to include in your final reference list.

Also does anyone know if the 2008 version is 5th edition and whether there is an update available to make it equivalent to 6th edition?

Any help would be appreciated as I only lost marks on my assignment for APA referencing issues which normally are perfect when I use microsoft word 07!!! Frustrating!

Thanks in advance

carlz

Ask a Question