Automatic Cell fill

N

Nalana88

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I would like to enter a date (e.g. 3/31/10) in cell A3 and then have cell B3 automatically fill with the date 45 days later (e.g. 5/15/10). Is this possible?

Sorry last message didn't come out as I wrote it. I try again: In B3 put this formula

=IF(A3+45

Sorry last message didn't come out as I wrote it. I try again: In B3 put this formula

=IF(A3+45

The formula should continue, but won't come out on this message board, so, add immediately after =IF(A3+45 the 'less than' sign (above the comma on your keyboard) and immediately follow with NOW(),A3)

B

Bob Greenblatt

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
Intel I would like to enter a date (e.g. 3/31/10) in cell A3 and then
have cell B3 automatically fill with the date 45 days later (e.g.
5/15/10). Is this possible?
Yes, it is certainly possible. Ignore the other posts on this subject
they are misleading. The formula in cell B3 is simply =A3+45. Format B3
as a date.

N

Nalana88

Thanks so much for the post. Unfortunately though this isn't quite what I'm looking to do. I'm trying to get cell B3 to add the 45 days from cell A3 no matter what the date. In other words if I entered 3/31/10 into cell A3 I want cell B3 to come up with 5/15/10 without me having to enter it manually. When I did as you suggested (using todays date) it comes out with the FALSE (as you said it would), but when I used 1/11/10 it entered 1/11/10 into cell B3. Did I do something wrong.
Thanks!

N

Nalana88

Bob,

Thanks! It worked perfectly. I love this forum. Such helpful advice out there.

Thanks again!

Ask a Question