Cannot create New Document from File

Z

ZKlondike

Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Hi, I do not have the choice under file to create a new document. Not sure how and why this came to be but am hoping it's a setting. Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks.
Tom

P

pjonesCET

TRy if your able to go to View menu to Customize Toolbars and menus and choose reset.

Note this removes any customization on menues you've done, but should bring back the missing menu choices.

Z

ZKlondike

Nope. To be clear, if I go to File, there is no "New" as in new document choice. I can go to File then Project Gallery or just do Command-N and they both work. I've reset all setting everywhere they can be reset and deleted MS Word prefs as well as Office prefs. Any other ideas are welcome

P

pjonesCET

You might remove the Normal or Normal.dot template. use find file and type Normal or Normal.dot (Normal for Word2004) Normal.dot (Word2008). move to trash and restart Word.

If that don't do it. look for any Preference or .plist Files for word2004 or 2008 and move them to Trash.

Reinstalling Office or word does not help fix problems.

Ask a Question