Cannot download pictures using wireless router

P

podbay

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel
Email Client: pop

..: Hello. I am running OS 10.5.2. (9C31) on a MacBook, and Entourage 11.4.0. The last update applied is 11.4.1. I use the MacBook with a Linksys wireless router in my home, and have had no problems downloading pictures and HTML in e-mail messages since I bought the MacBook in late June 2007. My Entourage preferences are set to "Display complex HTML in messages", and "Show attached pictures and movies in messages."

I took my MacBook on a trip on 23 March 2008 to San Francisco, and used it in a Marriott Hotel with an ethernet cable, and then went to Victoria BC. While there, I used wireless routers in the homes of friends, and could not download pictures or graphics embedded in Entourage e-mails. When I connected using an ethernet cable however, the pictures would download without a problem. I assumed this had something to do with settings of my friends' routers.

However, now I am back home using my own router, and I still cannot download HTML and pictures within Entourage e-mails! If I plug an ethernet cable from my router into my MacBook, it works fine.

I have no idea why this might be happening. Has anyone experienced this, or have any idea why this is happening? It is incredibly frustrating. I have posted in other forums with no success. I've looked everywhere for an answer, including on the Entourage Help Page (http://www.entourage.mvps.org/).

Can anyone help me with this one? I don't know what to do! Argh! Thanks in advance for any help or guidance you can provide.

P

podbay

While I realize no one has responded, I wanted to add that I have a Vaio running Outlook 2003 on my wireless network at home, and I have no problems seeing graphics, photos, HTML, etc., within e-mails received while running the Vaio as wireless rather than using an Ethernet cable.

The frustration with my MacBook and Entourage continues ...

D

dvinedesigns

im having the exact same problem. Microsoft just had me use an ethernet cable and its working.

Ask a Question