Can't Type A Character

D

deira

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Hi!

I couldn't find anything on a similar subject from the other forums, so decided to ask the question myself.

The problem is - one of my characters stopped working in MS Word 2008 one day, namely 'ü'.

I use an Estonian keyboard with custom characters such as õ, ä, ö, ü, the last one of which my Word app suddenly started to ignore. Whenever I press the corresponding key, it simply moves the insertion point up one line. The character doesn't appear. All the other characters still work.

Now, the font I use used to support the character a minute before I started noticing the issue. I'm sure it still does. I also use the Estonian keyboard layout which I had not switched to anything else before or after I noticed the missing character.

The problem does not extend to any other applications I have. Ü works in other MS Office applications as well.

I would appreciate any explanation or solution to this. Thanks!

T

thg

If you switch to the US keyboard layout and type Alt + u, then u, does the same thing happen? That is another way to make ü.

Ask a Question