Combining Multiple Presentations into a single presentation

Reaction score
I have looked at the Help file which is not helping me at all but perhaps I'm dim!

It says: The best way to copy slides from one presentation to another is to insert them using the Slide Finder dialog box (Inset menu, Slides from File command)

I can't find the Slides from File command! I have PP 2010. When I click on the Insert tab, I get in the Images section Pictures, Clip Art, Screenshot and Photo Album but nothing about Slides from File so where is that?

Reaction score
On the Insert tab you should also have an option to insert a New Slide, which has a drop down box. Select the option to 'Reuse slides...' and then the file you want to select them from. Hopefully that should do what you want!

Reaction score
Many thanks!

In fact the option is to insert a new Picture, not a slide but I should have realised that.

However, in the Help file on inserting multiple presentations into one presentation it says about the Slide Finder dialog box. I can't find that either!

I'm wondering now if I'm looking in the right place because the Help file notes also mention a Slides from File Command. I am trying to insert about 20 slides from a different presentation. Having clicked on Insert New Slide, I then selected all the photos from that different presentation. Eventually, all the slides did import but they were all on top of one another as one slide!

I do not find the Help files at all clear. Are you able to give anything clearer? As mentioned, I am using PP 2010 which I realise is very old now and may not work in the way described in the Help file

Reaction score
Does the 'Reuse slide...' option appear for you (when you click on the drop-down list from 'New Slide')?

Reaction score
Thank you so much for trying to help me Becky

This is not your fault but I just do not seem to be getting what you and the Help files are mentioning! Firstly, I have Powerpoint 2010 which might be the problem. Secondly, when I click on the Insert tab it says Picture, not Slide. Then when I click on the Picture icon, it then allows you to do just that - to insert a new picture from a files of your choosing. It does not say anything about reusing a slide!

Unless there's something obvious I'm doing wrong, don't waste time on this! I will battle on and insert each new slide separately. That will be a pain as I was hoping to do it as a batch!

Reaction score
I have now cracked it!

In Powerpoint 2010, when launched the Home tab is already selected. In the Slides section there's the New Slide icon with the down pointing arrow. You click on the arrow, get several different themes displayed and then at the very bottom there's the option to Reuse Slides, just as Becky has already pointed out!

Ask a Question