Converting from Entourage to Outlook (in 2010 Office version)

F

floridabrits

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Hi,

I am looking forward to Outlook being available in the 2010 version of office later this year.

My question is, will it be easy to convert my entourage contacts, distribution lists, mail folders and calendar from Entourage to Outlook when it is available, or will I be starting from scratch?

I converted from Outlook on Windows to Entourage on Mac early this year (using PC2MAC) and while it was OK, it didn't convert everything and I had to do a lot of manual work... I am not very happy with the Entourage product at all and 'really' looking forward to seeing Outlook in the Mac Office Suite.

Just wondering if MS are thinking about us and will provide a conversion tool to export/import existing Entourage settings to the new version of Outlook when it's available?

Thank you!

Regards,

Geoff

M

Michel Bintener

Hi Geoff,

at this moment, nobody outside of Microsoft has the faintest idea of
what the final version of Outlook for Mac is going to look like.
Microsoft have not made any announcement other than that Outlook is
going to replace Entourage.

I guess it would be safe to assume that Outlook will be able to import
the Entourage database, but unless this is confirmed by Microsoft, or by
anyone who has been able to get their hands on a test version of
Outlook, there's is absolutely no way to verify this.

F

floridabrits

thanks Michel... I was hoping someone from Microsoft would respond, so lets keep our fingers crossed!... thanks again...

/g

Ask a Question