Copy/Paste (Clipboard) Issues

Reaction score
1. If I copy something in Microsoft Word and try to post it to my college forums, I have something similar to the following prefacing it:

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000105 EndHTML:0000039797 StartFragment:0000038825 EndFragment:0000039757

The pasted text then, also, incorrectly annotates apostrophes in what looks like html (such as what happens in the web address bar if the title of a page has an apostrophe or accented character).

2.The only way to copy/paste from MW to my college forums, right now, is to copy from MW, then paste in something unformatted (such as wordcounter.net), then copy that and paste it into the forum (which completely erases formatting and, as I am copy/pasting APA papers, I have to reformat everything after pasting the unformatted version into the textbox of the forum thread).

This is causing me endless frustrations. It started spontaneously at some point, months back, and hasn't gone away. Have I messed up the Clipboard somehow?

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Most likely, the phenomenon is something your college forum is causing, not the Windows clipboard. Try using Wordpad instead of Word and seeing if you get the same result.

Ask a Question