Copy row data from one sheet to one or more sheets depending on numberof tick boxes selected (in the

• Thread starter Jacques van Rensburg
  • Start date
J

Jacques van Rensburg

Hi

I'm struggling to copy rows from one sheet to one or more sheet.

What I have.
Columns A to C contains user info eg Name, Company, email Address.

Columns D to H is various emails lists the user belongs to eg: Tech News, Sales, etc etc.

A user can belong to one or more distribution list.

What I want to do.

When I select one or more lists in Columns D to H (textbox linked to cell), I want the data from Columns A to C for the user to be copied to new sheets. There will be a sheet for every distribution list.

When I deselect a user from a list it should be removed automatically from the corresponding sheet. Or, I need to run a macro that clear the sheet (all sheets) and populates the sheets with the new selections.

I found various VB code examples for a single text box in a row, but not when there are many as is the case here. And I'm not a VB coder so I was not able to modify it successfully.

I hope the above setup makes sense?
Any suggestions on how to do this.

Thanks!!

D

Don Guillett

Hi

I'm struggling to copy rows from one sheet to one or more sheet.

What I have.
Columns A to C contains user info eg Name, Company, email Address.

Columns D to H is various emails lists the user belongs to eg: Tech News,Sales, etc etc.

A user can belong to one or more distribution list.

What I want to do.

When I select one or more lists in Columns D to H (textbox linked to cell), I want the data from Columns A to C for the user to be copied to new sheets. There will be a sheet for every distribution list.

When I deselect a user from a list it should be removed automatically from the corresponding sheet. Or, I need to run a macro that clear the sheet (all sheets) and populates the sheets with the new selections.

I found various VB code examples for a single text box in a row, but not when there are many as is the case here. And I'm not a VB coder so I was not able to modify it successfully.

I hope the above setup makes sense?
Any suggestions on how to do this.

Thanks!!

What you desire can be done but allow me to suggest that you have ONLY
one sheet with an additional column denoting the distribution list.
Then, simply use data>filter>autofilter on the distribution list
column..... KISS

J

Jacques van Rensburg

Thanks.
I have problems filtering when using check boxes (they are linked to cell) and the people using the sheet want something to tick.

I tried the Marlett option for check box. (http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/excel-checkbox-tick-cell.htm)
I can then filter successfully and happy to use it that way.

But the other people using the sheet as well wants to see the details on another sheet :(

D

Don Guillett

Thanks.
I have problems filtering when using check boxes (they are linked to cell) and the people using the sheet want something to tick.

I tried the Marlett option for check box. (http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/excel-checkbox-tick-cell.htm)
I can then filter successfully and happy to use it that way.

But the other people using the sheet as well wants to see the details on another sheet :(

Then simply have a macro copy the filtered data to a "view" sheet ONLY
as needed.

Ask a Question