Editing Charts in Office 2008

S

Spice

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I did charts in Microsoft 2007 on a PC and brought the same to my MAC running office 2008. Every time I try to edit the chart data (wanting to expanding the data) by clicking inside the chart, pressing control down and clicking edit data to get the excel data route, powerpoint hangs and tells me an error has occurred.

C

CyberTaz

Hello Spice -

You need to be a bit more specific, as there is no "Microsoft 2007". There's
Microsoft *Office* 2007, but charts can be created in any of the programs in
the suite... Word, PPt, Excel, etc.

Did you create the charts in PPt 2007 or did you bring them in from one of
the other programs? If the latter, which one & what method did you use?

If the charts were from a different program are they Embedded in the file or
are they Linked to an external source (such as an Excel file)?

What file format is the presentation in - .ppt, .pptx, ...?

Can you supply any additional details which might be helpful?

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

S

Spice

The charts were created using PowerPoint 2007 and are .pptx format. The PC that the files were created from runs Windows Vista.

every time I try to edit the charts, by clicking the edit in excel tab off edit, the excel sheets that comes gives me the data source dialogue. When I try to either edit that, of pick the relevant cells that I want so that they automatically get loaded onto the data source dialogue, PowerPoint hangs up! I subsequently try tracing the data source and I cant get it!

I have since created other charts off PowerPoint 2008 on the MAC and they work pretty well.

Ask a Question