Excel still hanging on quit wasn't fixed in latest update

B

bhorv67

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Everytime MS comes out with an update for the Office suite I'm very hopeful that the myriad of problems with these apps will finally be fixed- but to my dismay, they usually aren't (at least the issues important to me aren't- like hanging on quit)

What I'm talking about is even after the latest update which came out today, most of the Excel files I'm using (which were probably created on PCs or older versions of Office for Mac and because the files are so big, it's not easy to start these files over in the 'newer'format) cause Excel to hang on quit if I open one of these files, copy ANY cell to the clipboard, and then try to quit Excel WITHOUT closing the document first- meaning having Excel close the document while it quits.
If I manually close the document first, then quit Excel, there doesn't seem to be a problem.
So why is this still happening?

Also- other ways to make Excel crash are (still) if I import data from another program, like Filemaker pro 10, save the Excel file, then try to make a chance, then press save, Excel will crash instantly.

Can I tell you how frustrating this is?

Is there any end in sight? Why is it so hard for MS to make applications work properly (even in Windows?)

P

Pat McMillan

If you could send me specific files that are causing these problems for you,
I would be happy to investigate them. It's possible that the problems you're
referencing are not affecting every customer following similar workflows. If
you're able, please send me the files/steps directly:
(e-mail address removed).

Thanks,

Pat

Ask a Question