Fireworks buttons & FP 2002

S

sleepy j

Anyone out there familiar with using Fireworks buttons with FP 2002? I have a problem...I imported my 2 state Fireworks buttons into FP without a problem, or so I thought. They work fine in preview and preview in browser mode. However, when I am in normal mode, the buttons do not appear. I don't know how to hyperlink to the buttons since nothing shows up in normal mode. I've tried several things to no avail...anyone got the inside scoop on how to make this work? Thanks!

T

Thomas A. Rowe

How are you inserting them into your page?

--

==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

sleepy j said:
Anyone out there familiar with using Fireworks buttons with FP 2002? I
have a problem...I imported my 2 state Fireworks buttons into FP without a
problem, or so I thought. They work fine in preview and preview in browser
mode. However, when I am in normal mode, the buttons do not appear. I
don't know how to hyperlink to the buttons since nothing shows up in normal
mode. I've tried several things to no avail...anyone got the inside scoop
on how to make this work? Thanks!

S

sleepy j

I exported the Fireworks buttons into my FP folder that I am working on. Once inside FP, I went to "folders view," and located the imported FW file, right clicked on it and opened it with text editor(notepad.exe). After I highlighted the code, I opened the index page (home page where the buttons are to be placed at) clicked on insert, web component, advanced controls, html, and inserted the code into the html markup window. The buttons appear in preview and preview in browser mode, but do not show up in normal mode...which means I can't link to them. This is the first time I ever tried to incorporate Fireworks buttons into FP...so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ask a Question