FMR: Resizing the contents of the rich text box.

G

G. Tarazi

I know it sounds a bit too much asking that from Microsoft, but what can I do, my client wants it :)

We are porting a system to Microsoft InfoPath, and we started testing the newly developed forms recently.

One of the forms has multiple rich text boxes, the end user plans to copy and paste text from different applications to those text boxes.

That almost work fine (we are still testing it), now the problem is when the data are larger than the maximum printing size of the form, the form must be printed at one time, but the data in the rich text box is large.

What the end user (my client) is asking from me, it to add a zoom functionality to the rich text box, I know this will not be that a problem if I access the HTML behind directly (the general html of the InfoPath form).

Is there any ideas? If not, have this feature in mind for the next release of InfoPath if possible.

Thank you

B

Brian Teutsch [MSFT]

It's a good feature request, though obviously we can't promise it for any specific release of InfoPath.

If it's critical, you should implement your own print function, which grabs all the rich text nodes and goes through and resizes tables, images and HR tags to have width no wider than common printers (650px is safe). And of course it'd be nice to resize them back when you're done, so the users don't lose their formatting.

Brian
"G. Tarazi" <Tarazi (at) LiveTechnologies.ca> wrote in message I know it sounds a bit too much asking that from Microsoft, but what can I do, my client wants it :)

We are porting a system to Microsoft InfoPath, and we started testing the newly developed forms recently.

One of the forms has multiple rich text boxes, the end user plans to copy and paste text from different applications to those text boxes.

That almost work fine (we are still testing it), now the problem is when the data are larger than the maximum printing size of the form, the form must be printed at one time, but the data in the rich text box is large.

What the end user (my client) is asking from me, it to add a zoom functionality to the rich text box, I know this will not be that a problem if I access the HTML behind directly (the general html of the InfoPath form).

Is there any ideas? If not, have this feature in mind for the next release of InfoPath if possible.

Thank you

M

Matthew Blain \(Serriform\)

You could also do something with the XSLT. I think there's even a 'zoom' CSS style you could set.

It's a good feature request, though obviously we can't promise it for any specific release of InfoPath.

If it's critical, you should implement your own print function, which grabs all the rich text nodes and goes through and resizes tables, images and HR tags to have width no wider than common printers (650px is safe). And of course it'd be nice to resize them back when you're done, so the users don't lose their formatting.

Brian
"G. Tarazi" <Tarazi (at) LiveTechnologies.ca> wrote in message I know it sounds a bit too much asking that from Microsoft, but what can I do, my client wants it :)

Thank you

G

G. Tarazi

Thank you for the ideas; and I will review the XSLT specs to see if it's possible to implement zoom, if I succeed I'll probably post the sample here.

Thanks

You could also do something with the XSLT. I think there's even a 'zoom' CSS style you could set.

Brian

Thank you

M

Matthew Blain \(Serriform\)

Not XSLT - CSS.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...op/author/dhtml/reference/properties/zoom.asp

(You will need to drive this with XSLT. You can also use other HTML techniques driven from XSLT).

--Matthew Blain
http://tips.serriform.com/

"G. Tarazi" <Tarazi (at) LiveTechnologies.ca> wrote in message Thank you for the ideas; and I will review the XSLT specs to see if it's possible to implement zoom, if I succeed I'll probably post the sample here.

Thanks

Brian

Thank you

Ask a Question