Creating a Search using a combo box and then creating a report.

Reaction score
So I have a database, this one below is what it kind of looks like, but the one i use has more data and it too large to put into this thread. What i normally do is I have a form that has two unbound boxes where i input the my dates then hit a command button and it pulls the data from my table. What I want to do now is have the two unbound boxes and then a third combo box that allows me to pull the outputs and select one and then run my dates and only pull that one specified output to see how many entries of that output i had for the month or year. So I have a list of outputs and they are in a table that have a number and then text that are connected to that number. I want to use the text to be able to allow someone to select the verbiage to see how many times i used that output in my database. I have been trying with no luck. If anyone can help start me off that would be great.

Attachments

• CAHS Hour Tracker_Craig.accdb.zip
    358.8 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
i made Form1, is this near to what you need.

Attachments

415.1 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
Yes that will get me closer to my goal. I will start with what you provided and then move forward. Thank you.

Reaction score
Quick question is there a way that I can add code to your button on the form1 page that also includes the report that I have created? I know that you are using a subform to show the data on the form1, I have tried adding a docmd.openreport, but it will not allow me to use your date/time selection to show that data on my report. Can you tell me if I can't use a docmd in your code?

Attachments

358.8 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
see Form1 demo again.
note i added code on the Report's Open event.

Attachments

• CAHS Hour Tracker_Craig.accdb (1).zip
    490.9 KB · Views: 9

Ask a Question