Form/Subform based on DLookup Master/Child

T

Teri

Okay - here's my dilemma and how I currently have this form set up. It worked until I changed the DLookup to be looking up the MasterID (autonumber). I used to do the DLookup on the Company name, but then I couldn't have multiple entries look up okay on my subform.

Anyway, I have a table called Master, which has all our contacts, addresses, etc. Another table called Ad Sales, which lists all ads sold to the respective companies. I have a drop down box where I view all the contacts, then when I "chose" one it puts it in a "work" table exclusive just to my computer. The query to do this does so by querying Master, with a DLookup under the MasterID (autonumber) to lookup up the MasterID on the "work" table. It works just fine except when I go to the next form

The next form is the Ad Sales form, which has a subform - linked by the MasterID field.. All the entries currently in the database are viewable, but when I go to add something in the subform, I get the message "The Object doesn't contain the automation object "Master". I'm guessing this has something to do with the underlying query for Master has a DLookup, looking up the MasterID off the work table

I hope someone please point me in the right direction of what in the world I'm doing wrong or what I can do to fix this so I can add entries to my subform. I've checked the child/master fields and they should be linked by MasterID in the Child and MasterID in the other

Any suggestions?

THANKS!!!!

Ter

Ask a Question