Help! Slight teething problems automating Access

C

Conor O'Doherty

Hi all !

Maybe some could help me fix some small teething problem integrating access automation into my VB client app enviroment. I've created a COM EXE server and used some timer techniques to break the flow of execution in-order so my app doesn't freeze while Access initialises and runs processes. I kidnapped the access window using SetParent, these techniques work, but I need to force access to resize his main window, the reason is that the toolbars at the top of the screen cover the scrollbar. Once you move the toolbar then access continues to resize correctly.

Q1. How do I force the resize, I tried to MoveWindow, UpdateWindow, etc, but it doesn't seem to work.

Now, the other problem I have is a focus problem. When I open Access I need to first right click and display the context menu before Access can get focus ????, in other words Access won't take focus unless I right mouse click first. And the other is an intermediate problem, when I open access and then open a form, sometimes I don't get the edit caret, the edit boxes take focus but it doesn't allow editing and only shows the mouse pointer, command buttons, scroll bars work, but combo's don't drop down its listbox.

Q2. Is this a timing problem, that access fails to process some messages. This one really confuses me.

Otherwise my Access seem to work nicely within my client application.

Best regards & happy summer hols to everyone.

Conor

ACE-Hellas AE
Conor O'Doherty
Chief Programmer
Tel :+30 (210) 6068 678
Email :[email protected]
http://www.ace-hellas.gr

Ask a Question