Runtime 2016 does not work, and neither does 2013. Both return a message that the database is in an unrecognized format. I updated the app a week ago and the new accde is causing the problem. I have an accde file created in December 2016 that does work with runtime 2010 and 2013. From reading various websites, it looks like there is an incompatibility with CTR. I really don't care about CTR or non-CTR. I have an app created originally in Access 2010 that I installed using Sagekey in other machines. Everything worked fine, even as Office 365 upgraded my development machine over the last 3 or 4 years. It used to be pretty straightforward to create an executable (accde) and install it on another machine with a runtime. Apparently that can't be done anymore.