Access Runtime 2016

Reaction score
Runtime 2016 does not work, and neither does 2013. Both return a message that the database is in an unrecognized format. I updated the app a week ago and the new accde is causing the problem. I have an accde file created in December 2016 that does work with runtime 2010 and 2013. From reading various websites, it looks like there is an incompatibility with CTR. I really don't care about CTR or non-CTR. I have an app created originally in Access 2010 that I installed using Sagekey in other machines. Everything worked fine, even as Office 365 upgraded my development machine over the last 3 or 4 years. It used to be pretty straightforward to create an executable (accde) and install it on another machine with a runtime. Apparently that can't be done anymore.

Reaction score
It is definitely still possible to use the Access Runtime. I have 1000+ customer workstations running Access 2010, 2013, and 2016 runtime versions with my accde compiled in Access 2010.

Did you get this resolved?

Reaction score
It is definitely still possible to use the Access Runtime. I have 1000+ customer workstations running Access 2010, 2013, and 2016 runtime versions with my accde compiled in Access 2010.

Did you get this resolved?
My accde created with Access 2013 works fine also. My problem is that the accde created with Access 2016 does NOT work, Will that ever be fixed??

Ask a Question