Menu Macro Not Executing - Need Help

Reaction score
Over the weekend I upgraded my PC to Microsoft 365 from Office 2016 and now I'm having an issue with a menu macro that is no longer working. Here's the issues:

A spreadsheet that was given to me by a trusted friend has a macro called DisplayMenu. There are supposed to be two ways to invoke the macro. The first method is to press CTRL+m. The second method is to click on an icon in the Quick Access Toolbar. If I press CTRL+m the menu does not appear but the letter m is shown in whatever cell I happen to be in at the time. The option to press the icon on the toolbar doesn't work because the icon does not appear in the toolbar. If I go into into Developer within Excel, click on Macros, I can see the DisplayMenu macro and I when I run the macro it works just fine so it's not the macro itself that's the issue it's something else. Two things that I've done are (1) I opened File-Options-Trust Center and verified that Macro's are enabled and (2) checked the properties of the application icon and verified that macros are enabled and trusted there as well. So, at this point, I'm unaware of what to do next to try to get the menu to show up with CTRL+m and to get the icon on the tool bar to show up. Can anyone explain what I need to do to get this to work correctly on my PC?

Reaction score
I'm closing this query. The icon that I thought was missing was really present but the author of the spreadsheet used an icon that looked like a decision chart and the location was not where I thought it should be. The problem with the CTRL+m turned out to be a intermittent malfunction of the CRTL key on the left side of the keyboard so I've ordered a replacement keyboard which should resolve the issue. The right CTRL key worked just fine

Ask a Question