How do I retrieve my Entourage data and getit reconfigured after a hard drive crash

C

calmclaire

Version: Older version
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

I think that I am using Office for Mac, 2001 version. I originally installed the program back in 2003. I have used Entourage with an RCN account for many years. Originally with a G4 Powerbook purchased in 2002. In 2006 I replaced my Powerbook with a MacBook. I migrated all my data at that time to my MacBook and all my previous emails and settings downloaded fine, and my new computer acted just like my old one. A few days ago the hard drive on my MacBook crashed. I pulled out the Powerbook and re-migrated that older data, but this time, it did not transfer all the old Entourage information like it did the first time. Also, the migration process was a little different and less automatic. I had a choice during the migration to set up separate user account or to not transfer the old account. Those were my two options. I chose the latter.

Now, none of the old emails are there and it does not seem to be configured anymore to receive emails from the RCN account.

What to do?

D

Diane Ross

Now, none of the old emails are there and it does not seem to be configured
anymore to receive emails from the RCN account.

Were you running Entourage 2001 under Tiger before? I'm not sure it will
even work with Tiger. This is ancient software. :)

You need to move the Microsoft User Data folder found in your User's
Document folder to the new computer.

I would suggest moving to Apple Mail rather than use such an outdated
version of Entourage if you do not wish to pay for an upgrade.

Ask a Question