How to remove a bracket that is itallicised for an entire document

Reaction score
I have been working with a 9,000 page RTF document. It was originally from a hardcopy of a court hearing. I used OCR to convert it to RTF, but some things throughout the document were being misconstrued.
One of these is that what was in fact a hole from a hole-punch that was in the paper is being constantly understood by Word as "a )" (a right-side bracket with the a in itallics).
I want to keep other examples of an "a)" (without itallics) but want to scrub from the entire document any "a)" with itallics.
I have been using Control-H for other words regularly misinterpreted, but I haven't worked out how to remove entirely the example I have provided.

Reaction score
I have been working with a 9,000 page RTF document. It was originally from a hardcopy of a court hearing. I used OCR to convert it to RTF, but some things throughout the document were being misconstrued.
One of these is that what was in fact a hole from a hole-punch that was in the paper is being constantly understood by Word as "a )" (a right-side bracket with the a in itallics).
I want to keep other examples of an "a)" (without itallics) but want to scrub from the entire document any "a)" with itallics.
I have been using Control-H for other words regularly misinterpreted, but I haven't worked out how to remove entirely the example I have provided.
Hi,
If you use ctrl H and in the find box type "a)" and then, while still in the find box, press ctrl + i, that will say, "Find a)." Then in the replace box, do not type anything. This will be telling Word to find all a) and replace them with nothing, basically deleting them from the doc. Be sure you do not want them at all. If you are unsure, you can just go one by one with find next and replace.
Hope that helps!

Ask a Question