How to remove a combination of letters and special characters

Reaction score
In a document I am working on, it was OCR'd from a very large document (9,000 pages) that was previously in files with holes punched into each page.

Often during the OCR the holes were coming up as a Capital letter C followed by a return (as per the below). If I just delete capital C's from the entire document I screw up many words. Is there a way I can only delete a capital C when it is immediately followed by a space, then a return?
C plus return.JPG

Reaction score
Further to my original post, I'm also hoping to remove situations where I have a return at the end of a line, followed by another return on the next line (in the attached file I just want the document to have one return as per the first paragraph) rather than a return then another return as per the proceeding three lines. Any help with this one too would be awesome.
Thanks in advance to all.

Attachments

• MS Word extra returns.JPG
    MS Word extra returns.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
Xavier, did you figure this out? Press ctrl+h to open the Find and Replace dialogue box. "C ^p" will find instances of "C-space-parargraph mark"; delete them by leaving the Replace with field empty. "^p^p" in the Find field will dig out repeated paragraph marks. Use "^p" in the Replace with field to replace doubled up paragraph marks with a single paragraph mark.

After opening Find and Replace, you can find all the formatting marks by clicking on More>> then Special.

Ask a Question