Hyphenation problem when converting from Pub 2000 to Pub 2002

A

Annabelle4

I have a serious problem that I hope someone can help me with. I've just been upgraded at work from Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2002. I'm finding, to my horror, than when I open my Publisher 2000 files in Publisher 2002, all the hyphenation is gone, and thus lines of text are bumped around, everything looks screwy, etc. I've checked and double-checked my hyphenation settings and everything looks okay there. So far, the only way I've found to correct the problem of the disappearing hyphens is to go through manually line-by-line and re-hyphenate. Given that I maintain several 100+ page manuals and countless handouts in Publisher, this is going to be quite a chore. Has anyone else had hyphenation problems when switching from Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2002? Does anyone know of a fix?

°

°°°MS°Publisher°°°

Have you checked to see what the hyphenation options in Publisher 2002 are
set to. Perhaps the hyphenation options are switched/selected as off.

--

The US should free all those
illegally held prisoners they are
torturing, abusing and denying
human rights being held at
Guantanamo Bay.

A

Annabelle4

Yes, I have. They are turned on. But it doesn't help. Only new text is auto-hypenated. Old text, in any file created with Publisher 2000, is no longer hyphenated when opened in Publisher 2002. And I don't have access to Publisher 2000 any more, so I have to make everything work in Publisher 2002. As I said in my original message, the only solution I've found so far is to go through line by line and manually re-hypenate. It's a real annoyance.

E

Ed Bennett

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Annabelle4 said:
Yes, I have. They are turned on. But it doesn't help. Only new text
is auto-hypenated.

The settings in Tools > Options affect hyphenation in new text boxes.
The settings in Tools > Language > Hyphenation affect existing text boxes.

A

Annabelle4

Yes, Ed, thanks for pointing this out, but I've already checked the hyphenation settings in both of those locations, and have auto-hyphenation turned on in both places. It just isn't working for me, not in existing text boxes.

Ed Bennett pointed out that

The settings in Tools > Options affect hyphenation in new text boxes
The settings in Tools > Language > Hyphenation affect existing text boxes

°

°°°MS°Publisher°°°

Annabelle this issue has never raised its head before.

I must say, you are pretty damn talented to achieve this!

--

The US should free all those
illegally held prisoners they are
torturing, abusing and denying
human rights being held at
Guantanamo Bay.

Ask a Question