Junk Mail Filter Doesn't Work

K

kat_hansen

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

My Junk Mail Filter did a pretty good job till the following happened:

About half of my junk started to be identified at the server level. I still got it, but it was marked ***** SPAM *****.

MOST of it went to my Junk folder, but not all.

My fatal error seemed to be setting up a rule to ensure that ALL of the junk went to the Junk mail folder.

When I did that, Entourage lost all ability to identify ANY other piece of junk and move it to the Junk mail folder.

I waste a lot of time every day marking items as Junk, at least 200 items a day.

Here's what I've tried:

-- Disabling most rules related to Junk. When I tried disabling the ***** SPAM ***** rule, NONE of the mail marked ***** SPAM ***** went to Junk even though it had done so when the server first starting marking the mail as ***** SPAM *****.

-- Changing my Junk mail protection level to Exclusive. Does no good. Plenty of mail from addresses not in my address book ends up in my In box.

Questions:
Does marking spam as Junk do anything toward "training" Entourage to ID items as Junk? If so, it seems Entouage never gets trained. The same types of e-mails end up in my In box day after day despite having been marked as Junk.

Is there any difference between "Junk" and "Block Sender?" Neither seems to do any good since, as mentioned, virtually nothing except the e-mails marked ***** SPAM ***** ever goes automatically to my Junk folder.

I am a my wit's end. Help!!!!

Ask a Question