Layers

M

Matt

Hello, I have created a site graphic that is actually more like a border along the top and left. I want to add buttons to the site and I am not sure if I want to add the buttons to the graphic in PS or should I create them in layers and place over graphic in FP. I am afraid that if I create them buttons as part of graphic then I will not be to have much desing room whereas layers it seems would let me design normally and then place buttons convienently. I am unsure however of exactly how layers are treated by browers. Do they just get placed like a absolutely positioned picture? regardless I would appreciate someone helping me with exactly what the laer is and how most browers deal with them.

B

Bill Schroyer

You can place your buttons in the layer, the buttons move
along with the layer.
Layers in FrontPage are Absolute.
An easy way to learn the code is to insert something in
design view, then click it and go to code view.

Bill Schroyer
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.frontpagewiz.com
-----Original Message-----
Hello, I have created a site graphic that is actually
more like a border along the top and left. I want to add
buttons to the site and I am not sure if I want to add the
buttons to the graphic in PS or should I create them in
layers and place over graphic in FP. I am afraid that if I
create them buttons as part of graphic then I will not be
to have much desing room whereas layers it seems would let
me design normally and then place buttons convienently. I
am unsure however of exactly how layers are treated by
browers. Do they just get placed like a absolutely
positioned picture? regardless I would appreciate someone
helping me with exactly what the laer is and how most
browers deal with them.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Recommend you spit the image "wrap image" into a top and bottom left portion
Then build the page from 2 tables (one for top and one for content/left
For your top make the table (1 cell) the size of your "top" image - 2 px and apply the top image as a cell background image
- enter your nav text or button image in the cell or nest a table in the cell for them
For your content/left table split the table w/ a left column (width 2 px less than your left image) and apply the left image as a
cell background image, and a right column for content
- enter your nav text or button image in the left cell or nest a table in the left cell for them

| Hello, I have created a site graphic that is actually more like a border along the top and left. I want to add buttons to the
site and I am not sure if I want to add the buttons to the graphic in PS or should I create them in layers and place over graphic in
FP. I am afraid that if I create them buttons as part of graphic then I will not be to have much desing room whereas layers it seems
would let me design normally and then place buttons convienently. I am unsure however of exactly how layers are treated by browers.
Do they just get placed like a absolutely positioned picture? regardless I would appreciate someone helping me with exactly what the
laer is and how most browers deal with them.

Ask a Question