Modify data going to DAverage function

E

Ed Pfister

I have a spreadsheet that has been using the various database functions to perform calculations on data retrieved from a query. The database functions are used as the user can exclude data using the criterias used in these functions. Now a user has a need to take the absolute value of all the data going into some of these functions. I have tried to find a way to do this but have had no luck. The simpilest of these is the DAverage function so that is why I mentioned that in the title.

How would I go about taking the absolute value of all data in the range going into the daverage function? Current formula looks something like:

=DAVERAGE(NamedRange, COLUMN(AE$65535), BE$1:BF$2)

Can someone tell me how I would accomplish this? Thanks.

I

isabelle

hi,

depending the formula cell address, you can change "COLUMN(AE$65,535)" with "COLUMN()+1" or "COLUMN()-1"
and then changing 1 or -1 by the offset value

--
isabelle

Le 2012-03-15 14:27, Ed Pfister a écrit :
I have a spreadsheet that has been using the various database functions to perform calculations on data retrieved from a query.

The database functions are used as the user can exclude data using the criterias used in these functions.

Now a user has a need to take the absolute value of all the data going into some of these functions.

I have tried to find a way to do this but have had no luck. The simpilest of these is the DAverage function

so that is why I mentioned that in the title.

How would I go about taking the absolute value of all data in the range going into the daverage function?

Current formula looks something like:

=DAVERAGE(NamedRange, COLUMN(AE$65535), BE$1:BF$2)

Can someone tell me how I would accomplish this? Thanks.

E

Ed Pfister

Thanks for the reply.

So I need the absolute value for every cell in the range. Your example shows how to modify each cell by a constant. How would I modify it based off the current cell being looked at?

For example my if my data was:

The mean would normally be 0. What I need is (10+10+5+5) / 4 instead.

I

isabelle

i do not understand the relationship that exists between your example
and the formula =DAVERAGE(NamedRange, COLUMN(AE$65535), BE$1:BF$2)

--
isabelle

Le 2012-03-21 18:57, Ed Pfister a écrit :
Thanks for the reply.

So I need the absolute value for every cell in the range.

Your example shows how to modify each cell by a constant.

How would I modify it based off the current cell being looked at?

Ask a Question