.mov will not save narration

S

Sfuhs

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Power PC

I have created a Powerpoint presentation with narration saved through Powerpoint. I created it two ways, linking the sound and embedding the sound. When I save either of the presentations I do not get any sound at all.

How can I get the narration into the .mov file? I have the linked files saved in iTunes format (Powerpoint did this) but they seem randomly ordered and broken into pieces.

What file format should the sound files be to allow Powerpoint to export the sound to the .mov file? If I must use Audacity as a linked narration file before making the .mov, what format should the sound file be then? How do I make sure the .mov slides and the Audacity soundtrack match in speed?

Why doesn't it just export out of Powerpoint like it should????

J

Jim Gordon MVP

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Power PC

I have created a Powerpoint presentation with narration saved through Powerpoint. I created it two ways, linking the sound and embedding the sound. When I save either of the presentations I do not get any sound at all.

How can I get the narration into the .mov file? I have the linked files saved in iTunes format (Powerpoint did this) but they seem randomly ordered and broken into pieces.

What file format should the sound files be to allow Powerpoint to export the sound to the .mov file? If I must use Audacity as a linked narration file before making the .mov, what format should the sound file be then? How do I make sure the .mov slides and the Audacity soundtrack match in speed?

Why doesn't it just export out of Powerpoint like it should????

Hi,

Here's a snippet from PowerPoint Help regarding sounds when saving as a
movie:

Set options for a presentation saved as a movie
Do any of the following:

Add a soundtrack
You can add sounds, as well as narration, to a movie. For example, you
might add the company theme song to a movie playing at a trade show.
On the File menu, click Save as Movie.
Click Options.
Under Media settings, on the Background soundtrack pop-up menu, click
Select soundtrack.
Note To see all the sound file types (for example, .mp3 sound files), on
the Enable pop-up menu, click All Files.
Locate the soundtrack that you want, and then double-click it.

I can't tell you why, but your observation is correct that PowerPoint
should do a better job of saving a presentation as a movie. The MVPs
have made this point with Microsoft, and you can too by using the Help
menu and choosing send feedback to Microsoft.

-Jim

Ask a Question