No data displaying in Duration Field in Project 2007

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am running into an issue where no data will display in the Duration field when using the Gantt Chart View in Project 2007 on an XP Professional Laptop. When using a new project, I type data into the Start and Finish fields, which previously populated data into the Duration Field, which now does not happen. I have tried to double click a field and modify the duration that way, there isnt even data available to select in the duration field, it is simply blank. It seems like the data that is typically linked to the Duration field is no longer associated with it (if that makes sense), as the arrows are still in the field to select a higher or lower value, but there is no data to select from.

I believe this issue is isolated to one user, as there are several other users who create a new blank project and are able to use the field as expected with data populating (days by default). These users have Project 2007 ranging from SP1 through SP3 and users on both XP Professional and Win7. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling project on the machine with an issue, which did not help.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated! As you can probably tell, I dont have a lot of exposure to Project, so I appreciate the help.

Ask a Question