Outlook 2002 Rules Misbehavior

J

John Miller

This didn't elicit a response in the ...Outlook NG, so I'll give it a shot here...

After a little experimentation, I identified an apparent error in Outlook 2002's processing of message rules. Here's what I found, in straightforward example terms.

1. I have an Inbox message containing "word1" in the subject and "word2" in the header.

2. I created a rule to move inbox messages containing "word1" in the subject and "word2" in the header to "folder1". It fails when applied to the above message.

3. I created a rule to move inbox messages containing "word1" in the subject to "folder1". It works when applied to the above message.

4. I created a rule to move inbox messages containing "word2" in the header to "folder1". It works when applied to the above message.

This doesn't make sense. Clearly, both conditions set forth in item #2 are met, yet the action isn't performed. Any idea why?

Thanx in advance.

- John

Ask a Question