Outlook 2003 missing internet header date

G

Greg

Hello All,
I am having a problem with my received dates in Outlook 2003. When I open Outlook and it signs on to the server and downloads my messages, they all show the same date and time, the date and time that they were downloaded from the server. I am pulling my hair out trying to fix this. When I look at the internet header it has no date or time fields present. I have checked my e mail through our web interface and the server is sending them, Outlook is just not seeing them for some reason. If you will take a look below you will see how the internet header has changed since this has started happening.

Below is a look at the header from a message I received recently, with all personal info removed of course:

X-WatchGuard-Mail-Exception: Allow
Message-Id: <XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>
To: "XXXXXXXXXXXX" <XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>,
"XXXXXXXXXXXXX" <XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>,
"XXXXXXXXXXXX" <XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>,

Subject: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 01/08/09 AM
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=__Part3XXX1574.0__="
X-WatchGuard-IPS: message checked
X-WatchGuard-AntiVirus: part scanned. clean action=allow
X-WatchGuard-IPS: headers checked
X-WatchGuard-Spam-ID: str=0001.0AXXXXXXXA.XXXX05A8.00CA,ss=1,fgs=0
X-WatchGuard-AntiVirus: part scanned. clean action=allow

This is the complete header I have not removed anything except what was replaced by the X's.

This is a header from a message about 2 months ago that doesn't have this problem, with all personal info removed of course:

Received: from [XXX.XX.XXX.XXX] by XXXX.XXXXXXX.com with SMTP (XXXXXX)
(ArGoSoft Mail Server Pro for WinNT/2000/XP, Version 1.8 (X.X.X.6)); Tue, 25 Nov 2008 08:23:42 -0500
Received: from ([XX.XXX.XX.XX])
by XXXXX.XXXXXXX.XX with ESMTP id XXXXXXX.XXXXXX;
Tue, 25 Nov 2008 07:23:39 -0600
Received: from XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
with Novell_GroupWise; Tue, 25 Nov 2008 07:23:39 -0600
Message-Id: <XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 07:23:36 -0600
To: "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" <XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>,
"XXXXXXXXXXXX" <XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>,

Subject: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 11/25/08 AM
X-WatchGuard-Spam-ID: str=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,ss=1,fgs=0
X-WatchGuard-Spam-Score: 0, clean; 0, no virus
X-WatchGuard-Mail-Client-IP: XXX.XXX.XX.XXX
X-WatchGuard-Mail-From: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Return-Path: <XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>
X-ArGoMail-Country: US
X-Antivirus: AVG for E-mail 7.5.549 [XXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=__PartXXXXXXXXXXX.0__="

I have not removed anything except what was replaced by the X's.

This change seems to have occured about the same time our company installed a new firebox. I do not what that could have to do with it but the dates don't lie. As I stated I have checked the headers from my messages through our web interface and all of the info is there, for some reason Outlook just isn't seeing or displaying it. The problem here is I need to know when a sender has actually sent an e mail, not just when I downloaded it from our server.
A couple of other tid bits just in case it may have something to do with it. I am running AVG antivirus and thought it might have something to do filtering the header so I uninstalled and updated the AVG. When I went to uninstall my last version it alerted me of a file that it had deleted named "rctrl_renwnd32". Now, I don't know if that has anything to do with the price of tea in China or not, but thought I would mention it. Another thing, today I backed up my pst files, uninstalled and re-installed Outlook 2003, to no avail. Outlook is running SP3.

Any insight as to what may be the problem here would sure be appreciated. And I promise if it is something really simple and I overlooked it I will give myself 40 lashes ;)

Thanks,
Greg

Ask a Question